- 5 pearl red onions or a ½ of red onion
- 3 baby zucchini
- 4 baby squashes mixed (e.g. yellow or green)
- 1 ½ C mixed teardrop or cherry small tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, torn if large, plus more for sprinkling (optional)
- Pinch of red-pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- Coarsely ground pepper
- 3 ounces fresh ricotta
- 6 tbsps. Mondiale Dressing Co. – Provence dressing
Mix to combine fresh ricotta and a ¼ of tsp. salt. Refrigerate until ready to use (up to 1 month).
Thinly shave on a mandolin the zucchinis, squashes, and the pearl red onions. Cut tomatoes in half crosswise.
Combine half the dressing with the zucchini, squashes, red onions, tomatoes, basil, red-pepper flakes, and a ¼ of tsp. salt. Season with pepper, and toss. Divide half the salad between 2 plates, and dot with half the ricotta. Top with remaining salad and remaining ricotta. Drizzle with remaining dressing, and sprinkle with basil.